Facebook: Recommended: 2-5 posts per week.
Facebook can be a useful marketing and branding tool for authors. Learn useful tips on social media etiquette and strategies for success to help grow your brand as an author.
To get started, all you have to do is search for “authors” or your genre in the Facebook search bar and then click on groups. This should bring you lots of different groups to browse. Once you’re in a few, be sure to read the rules of each group. Some are more relaxed and you can make a post about whatever whenever.
Another way to gain followers is by being an active participant in various Facebook writers’ and book groups. A good place to put a link to your author page is in your public description on your personal Facebook page. Do remember not to spam groups with a link to your Facebook author page.
How many Facebook posts per day is too many?
How Often to Post on Facebook. Most studies agree that once per day is optimal, with a maximum of two posts per day. Hubspot found that pages under 10,000 fans experienced a 50% drop in engagement per post if they posted more than once per day. At a minimum, you should post to your Facebook Pages 3 times per week.
What changes are coming to Facebook in 2021?
Facebook updates April 2021
- Facebook Sound Studio is ready to take over.
- Listen to podcasts on Facebook.
- Facebook and Messenger are getting Live Audio Rooms.
- New Facebook monetization options.
- Facebook Helps Get People Vaccinated Against COVID-19.
- Keeping Facebook groups safe.
- Earn revenue from all types of videos.
By implementing the Author Tag on their websites, publishers can make it easy for Facebook readers to start following the author of an article they just read and enjoyed. This is a web development tool that connects the byline in a story preview in the News Feed to the writer’s Page or Profile with Follow.
15 Ways Authors Use Facebook to Promote Their Books
- Share excerpts to build excitement. …
- Share updates and news. …
- Count down to your next release. …
- Host Facebook Live chats. …
- Share recorded video content. …
- Foster a community of engaged readers. …
- Let your readers get to know you. …
- Join discussion groups.
Important: Self-published authors are unlikely to be targetable with Facebook Ads. So try to find as many traditionally published authors as possible that write similar books/genres to you, as they are much more likely to be targetable with your Facebook Ads. By now, you should have a good list of audience ideas.
How do you attract readers on Facebook?
#1: Attract Readers’ Attention to a Point in Your Article
When you update your Facebook page to let readers know about your new article, include a statement or question that refers to a specific point from the article to drive more clicks, likes, comments or shares.
What should a Facebook Writer Post?
Social Media Post Ideas For Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, And More
- Pets. Post a photo of your pet “reading” a book. …
- Books. Talk about your favorite book and explain why it’s your favorite. …
- Writing. Share a small excerpt of your writing with your followers. …
- Locations. Where is your favorite place to write?
Here are 12 great post ideas for your page:
- If you’re a writer, create graphics using your quotes.
- Post a review from one of your readers or a client if you’re a free-lancer.
- Share a book you love.
- If you do any public speaking, share the video or an audio recording.
How do I get an author badge on Facebook? When you post something, you will automatically have a author badge. Try that on something that you post and you will see an author badge there.
Can you post too often on Facebook?
It is generally recommended to post 1 time per day, and no more than 2 times per day. In fact, some studies have even found a drop in engagement if you’re posting more than that… so don’t get too post-happy. Aim for quality over quantity. The average Facebook Page shares 1.55 posts per day.
Why do some people post constantly on Facebook?
Narcissists – people with an inflated self-concept and a strong sense of uniqueness and superiority – seek attention and affirmation on Facebook. A 2014 study found that narcissists made more frequent posts about themselves in an attempt to attract likes and comments that fuel their beliefs about self-importance.
You likely already know the benefits, but now you’re wondering “How often should businesses post on social media?” We recommend you post at least 3 times a week and ideally once per day, but that can vary depending on your business, your audience, and which social platform you’re using.