Can you add alt text to images on Facebook?
Facebook uses automatic alternative (alt) text to provide a visual description of any image posted. … Hover over the photo and click Edit then go to Alternative Text. 3. The automatically generated text will be shown on the left side of your photo.
How do I enable alt text on Facebook?
How to Add Alt-Text in Facebook
- Click Photo/Video at the bottom of the Create Post screen.
- Select the photo you want to add.
- Click Edit Photo (paintbrush icon), then click Alt Text.
- The automatically generated text will be shown on the left side of your photo. …
- Write your Alt-Text in the box.
How do I put alt text on a picture?
Tips for writing ‘good’ alt text
- Be specific, and succinct. Describe the content of the image without editorialising. …
- Never start with “Image of …” or “Picture of …” …
- Use keywords sparingly. …
- Include text that’s part of the image. …
- Don’t repeat yourself. …
- Don’t add alt text to ‘decorative’ images.
How do you add text to pictures on Facebook?
The social network’s latest update lets users quickly add text to photos uploaded through its mobile app. To access the feature, tap on “Photo.” Select a pic to upload, and press “Done.” At the bottom of the photo, you will see four icons. By tapping the “Aa” icon, you can start typing over the image.
How do you make alt text?
How to add alt text to an object?
- Do one of the following: Right-click the object and select Edit Alt Text. Select the object. Select Format > Alt Text.
- In the Alt Text pane, type 1-2 sentences in the text box to describe the object and its context to someone who cannot see it.
What is alt text In Facebook?
Alternative text (alt text) is a text-based description added to an image that can benefit people who are blind and have low-vision. You can replace this text to provide a better description of a photo. Keep in mind that this description will only be read if someone is using a screen reader to access Facebook.
From your Facebook profile, click the “Photos” tab on the left column, then click to the image to which you want to add a caption. Click the “Edit” link under your name beneath the image, then type your caption. If the photo already has a caption, you can add, edit or delete it at this time, as well.
You can either add separate photo captions by selecting them individually or you can Shift-click or Ctrl-click to highlight multiple photos and add the same caption to all selected photos.
How do you put a description on a picture?
Image descriptions should start with the words “Image Description,” to indicate what it is, especially for those using screen readers. Image descriptions need to be the first comment to a picture. If you are adding a description to a picture that already has comments, just use the return key to add a few more spaces.
Can screen readers read text on images?
When a screen reader encounters an image, it will attempt to read a text alternative. Text alternatives are also important when images do not load. Users with cognitive impairments may prefer to disable images from loading.
How do you alt text infographics?
Quick tips for writing image alt descriptions
- Keep it conversational – use proper sentences, not keywords or phrases.
- Don’t write “an image of…”
- Stick to 1-2 sentences.
- If you need a longer description, write a brief summary in the alt text, and include the full description underneath the image.